Thursday 7 October 2010

trying to get organised

Well, we got everything out of the manse that we needed to, got the manse cleaned (many thanks to our friends for helping, and especially for the industrial hoover and carpet cleaner!) and keys handed back. So now we're in our new home, which is gorgeous. Carpets look like being another week, no curtains, boxes everywhere, sleeping on mattresses on chipboard floor, but that's fine.

Trying to get organised is a different matter. Today I went to register with a GP. It turns out I need passport/ driving licence AND proof of address. Then the form takes 2 weeks to process. Then you're supposed to go for a new patient check before making any appointments to see a doctor. So they were not impressed with me saying I only had 2 weeks worth of medication left. Why hadn't I got more before moving? Well, I thought 3 weeks supply would be enough. Can't I get more from my previous practice? Not really, as I'm now outside their practice area and so not covered by them any more. And yes, I do need to see a doctor (not a nurse) about my repeat medication, as some of it is a bit unusual.
Of course, I also don't have any bills at this address yet...
In the end I got a doctor's appointment for 10 days time and need to take my proof of ID and address with me to that. But I only managed that because I know the system and wouldn't accept being fobbed off.
It's easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle....

No comments:

Post a Comment