Tuesday 15 February 2011

not me

For the past 2-3 weeks I've been keeping people at arms' length. A friend said that "I've not been me". Whereas I think I have been me, it's just I've been the part of me that I don't like and usually sit on rather hard. I know that inside me is a rather obnoxious part, that says things better left unsaid, upsets people very easily and doesn't really care. I normally manage not to let that part of me out, but I know it's there.
Recently I've just not had the energy to squash it. Consequently I've been avoiding people - I've found it's better to do that than to end up saying things which will cause upset and devastation (both to them and to me when I get back to normal).
But today I seem to be back to 'normal' - or at least what passes for normal with me - mrpastasmissus will be very relieved!

2 comments:

  1. welcome back! I noticed your absence, and wondered if that was what was happening. Glad you are back with us after all that wrestling with inner angst! sometimes it is better just to 'hunker down' as they say, and avoid saying things which might confuse/hurt others and cause you regret ater for expressing them out loud.
    Feel free to email me sometime
    hugs and blessings
    ang xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I haven't dropped by for a while so missed this post (my brain is post operative mush still).

    Hope you are still feeling more positive. Glad you are back in blog world.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete