Sunday 6 March 2011

Sunday morning

I have a confession - I skived church this morning. But I have had a more productive time with God instead, so I don't feel bad about it.
Mrpastasmissus and I had a long chat this morning, talking about pastorate, and our fears and potential problems, and what we've learnt through what happened. We have realised we both have a whole new pile of buttons the other can now press unwittingly. It was good to talk through stuff together.
My exegesis of Psalm 84 which had ground to a halt had been looming over me from the bookcase all week. Unfortunately it's been a week when I've not had enough brain power or motivation to do anything with it. But this morning I felt I could get it done, and I now have!
So that's the first of my essays submitted :-)))
Off to celebrate with some chocolate (it's as good an excuse as any) ;-)

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely Psalm to work with and I'm really glad you had a productive and refreshing morning. Definitely a good reason to eat chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done - it sounds like a very positive morning. And you obviously had fellowship [with Mr pastasmissus]Bible Study [with Psalm 84] plus celebration [with chocolate]

    are they not among the key elements of Sunday Morning Church??

    SabbathBlessings xx

    ReplyDelete