Wednesday 13 April 2011

a year on

It's a year since mrPM had to resign from pastorate. He was preaching for the first time since then on Sunday. It went well, despite half his notes falling on the floor part-way through the sermon. I assumed they were the ones he had already preached on, as he didn't stop and pick them up, but he told me afterwards that they were actually the bit he hadn't got to! Which I think confirms that this is something he should be doing.
I found it odd that he was preaching and I hadn't put the order of service together. We had got quite good at working together - he would give me a rough idea of his theme and I would put the order of service together, then he led it and I supported by playing piano. Although on paper it looked like the standard hymn/prayer sandwich, it never felt like that in practice - there was a starting point and then it all flowed through to the response at the end. That is something I do miss.
So how am I coping? Still not settled in a church, never mind a small group. Still talking to God (and even listening occasionally). Still taking the tablets and still feeling pretty wobbly alot of the time. And I still avoid going back to where we used to live - I meet friends who live there somewhere else. But I'm coping with work, which is something.
So now it's a case of waiting and seeing what happens next.

Italic

No comments:

Post a Comment