Tuesday 28 June 2011

back briefly

My dad's op went well, he got back out the next day and is now recuperating at home. It was good to see him and my mum, even though I spent quite a bit of time in bed with a cold :-(
So this is a temporary pitstop back home before heading off to the Western Isles for a holiday. If the weather permits, we're hoping to get to St Kilda. I'm off to buy Sea-bands and anti-sickness tablets, as it's around 4 hours out and 4 hours back on the boat.
Callanish is also on the list of places to go - hopefully we can get there when there aren't crowds of tourists. I'm not sure how it will compare to the magnificent standing stones we enjoyed on Orkney last year, but I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you could BOTH go for family time, and that Dad is recuperating.
    Now go off and have a wonderful break together in the far north.
    I've looked at the C website - hope you enjoy the both the Stones and the Scones
    blessings xx

    ReplyDelete