Wednesday 31 October 2012

halloween

I'm off to a Halloween party tonight at Guides. No idea what it will involve, as the Guides have planned and organised it all themselves. So it is with some trepidation that I go. I imagine there will be apple bobbing, and some sort of food. If they do the pancakes coated in syrup on a string, then they're not leaving until the floor is spotless!!!
Is it the thin end of the wedge? Should I be refusing to have anything to do with it? I don't think so - it's basically an excuse for a fancy dress party with a few weird traditional games thrown in for good measure.

1 comment:

  1. Yes go - have fun - but when the occasion arises 'be the light' in the darkness!!
    The girls have planned and organised it themselves- thats a Good Thing and something to encourage. Many [most?] Christians have reservations about the whole Halloween thing - but we have to accept that it has crept over here from the USA and looks like staying. Maybe next week there will be more constructive opportunities to talk about issues raised than there would have been if you had thrown up your hands in horror and refused to be involved.
    Praying for you!
    I am avoiding all trick or treaters tonight by being out! I'll be at a church meeting instead! [would value prayer - it is the one where they discuss the Pastor's Salary. I have had NO supply work since end of June, and finances somewhat tight]

    love to you both xx

    ReplyDelete