Sunday 20 June 2010

Jealousy

This morning I was in church - not the church we were in before, but a different one, some distance away. They have just appointed an evangelist to help with outreach in the area. So they are consequently very excited about what God is going to do. And I'm happy for them.
But...
There's a bit of me that thinks 'why didn't it work when WE tried it?' and 'we could have had that, if the church leadership had backed us'
And there's also a bit of me that thinks 'we started off with all those ideals too, but when things started actually changing it was a different story.'

I don't like myself for being jealous. I don't like the cynicism I've developed.
Why can't I just feel at home in a church that is on a similar wavelength, instead of thinking about what might have been?

No comments:

Post a Comment