Friday 9 December 2011

carols

MrPM thinks only advent carols should be sung before Christmas. While I understand the sentiment, it does only leave 12 days to get all the Christmas carols in to, which isn't very long. So I'm waiting until he's not around, then playing my carol CDs to get in the mood for Christmas...

Here is one of my favourite carols - I sang it in choir when I was at school, then a group of us from our last church sang it a few years ago as a special Christmas item. It still gives me goosebumps.

Bethlehem Down

1 comment:

  1. Working in school, I find we are singing Christmas carols from Advent Sunday on as practices for the dreaded Nativity Production take over [Sorry No PE for yr 3 or 5 today, yr 1 need the hall and stage to rehearse again...]

    I did not know this carol you have linked to. I shall listen to it some more I think!!

    MrPM has a valid point - particularly becaus ethere are some fine Advent specific carols out there which do not get a proper airing!!

    blessings xx

    ReplyDelete