Saturday 25 September 2010

an amazing day

We have the keys to our new house! Today was the first of the flooring parties - having decided to put laminate flooring down in most of the house, it seemed a good excuse to get some friends together to help. Unsurprisingly, the boys had a great time with the power tools and saws. Fortunately one of them had laid laminate flooring before, and knew what to do (although mrpastasmissus sounded like he knew how to do it, I knew he was blagging - as a professional blagger myself, I do tend to recognise it!).
So we had a good time with friends in our new house. Then when we got home there was a letter for mrpastasmissus appreciating what he had given to the community here. It also contained a substantial cheque. We have no idea who it was from, as the donor had gone to considerable lengths to be anonymous. It was an amazing gift, and brought a lump to both our throats.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are in and floored !!
    And isn't God good? When I get to heaven, I too shall have to spend a good part of eternity thanking people for their anonymous gifts which have sustained us over the years!
    Blessings XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only patrially floored.... waiting to hear about the carpets, and still 3 big rooms and 3 small ones to laminate. But we did get the rooms done that really needed to get done first

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not blagging - I had extensive theoretical knowledge of the subject. Having assisted in flooring a room was I or was I notable, with your help, to floor a room today?

    ReplyDelete