Wednesday 8 September 2010

hope

We're due to get the keys for our new house in 2 weeks. So the manse is covered with stuff in varying degrees of packedness. I will be sad to move because it will mean various friends will no longer be just round the corner. At the same time, I will be glad, and am hoping for a new start.
Before that, I have a meeting with one of the "high heid yins" who was involved in the whole mess, to discuss a letter I wrote to them. I am rather apprehensive about this, as the last time they saw me I was somewhat lacking in self-control. (Yes, it was at the meeting when they told mr pastasmissus to resign and were ignoring anything we said, but I still don't think that really excuses it.)
So I am praying that I may act in a Christ-like manner. Not that I think that means meekly accepting anything that is said, but that injustice will be named and confronted in a Christ-like way. It would be too easy for me to act out of my own hurt and desire for vengeance. (And acting in such a way would also mean that my complaint could be written off as coming from a very hurt individual, rather than being taken seriously.)
I am a professional in another field, and have had occasional letters of complaint. I know how my profession is advised to handle such letters. It is interesting to compare this with what is happening to me in this situation. I will wait and see before commenting further, but if I'd handled a complaint the way this one has been dealt with so far, I would have been in serious trouble...

1 comment:

  1. thinking of you and praying you will find the best way to be.

    ReplyDelete